Dear fellow Sadhakas* –
There is an altered schedule for Iyengar Yoga classes this Thanksgiving week.
- In Savannah on Tuesday, there will be an all-levels Restorative class at 9:30-11:00 am on Tuesday, 11/24. The 11:30 am L1 class is cancelled this week only. Those who normally attend the 11:30 am class are welcome to participate in the Restorative session at 9:30 am.
- In Hilton Head on Wednesday, there will be an all-levels Restorative class 9:00-11:00 am. The Thursday 11:00 am L1 class is cancelled this week only. I encourage those who normally attend the Thursday class to participate in the Restorative session on Wednesday.
A restorative practice is used to quiet the mind and body and recover energy and poise. If you are healing from illness or injury, or recouping your energies after traveling or completing a project, the quiet moments of a restorative practice are just the ticket.
We can also use a restorative practice in a “preventive” mode. In spite of our best intentions and resolutions, the pace of activity during the holiday season can take a toll on our health and well-being. So let’s do what we can to keep calm, carry on, and enjoy the activities, rather than getting frazzled by them.
In summary, here’s the schedule for the week:
Class schedule this week:
- Tuesday, Branches Yoga, www.BranchesYoga.com, 2424 Drayton, 9:30-11:00 am, All-levels Restorative class
- Tuesday, Branches Yoga, www.BranchesYoga.com, 2424 Drayton, 11:30 am – 12:45 pm, L1/Gentle, cancelled this week, please come to 9:30 am class
- Wednesday, Island Yoga, www.HHIslandYoga.com, 9:00-10:30 am, All-levels Restorative class
- Thursday, Island Yoga, www.HHIslandYoga.com, 11:00 am – 12:15 pm, cancelled this week, please come to Wednesday 9:00 am class
The Therapeutic Yoga class at Island Yoga is on Monday 1:00 – 2:15 pm. Patte Ranney instructs.
Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor (Introductory II)Share